Friday, February 6, 2009

Happenigs 2009



Well it has been a while since we posted. A lot has been going on in our lives but we have great news to report. Don’t get too excited I’m not Prego and Amber isn’t either. In November ZARS Pharma layed off 80% of the work force and I was part of the 80%. I have been trying to be a stay at home dad while Amber worked but that didn’t work out so well. A few weeks ago my old Supervisor from ZARS called me up and asked me if I had a job yet.


My supervisor had gone back to his old job at Watson Pharma and wanted me to apply for a position in his Research group. Before I went to the University of Utah Parade I stopped in at Watson and talked to Pete my supervisor and the Director about the position. The next week I got an offer to work as a Temporary employee for 6 months and I accepted the offer. I have been there at week and really enjoy it a lot. This week to my surprise I noticed that I was working in the Organic Synthesis Research Lab. Anyone from school knows that the Advanced Organic lab wasn’t my best subject but I have been keeping up at work and learning a lot.


Steve and Clarice came to Utah for a few days to take care of the kids down in Pleasant Grove and they spent a little time with us here in Salt Lake. Steve asked me what I did at work and I tried to explain but he just kind of stared at me and said “I don’t think explaining to me what you do will help me understand what you do.” I just tell him that I do Chemistry because it’s just easier.

Last week we went to Jenny and Jeremy’s house to spend some time with her family and I got to play with the kids. Every time that I see the kids I take them a treat and that just makes them love Uncle Trav even more. This week I didn’t go to the Maverick gas station and went to the Cheveron and they didn’t have the candy necklaces that the kids love but I thought that ring pops would be better. I get to the house and everyone is ready for dinner so I take out the ring pops and put them where no one can see them but Hudson wanted someone to “hold you” and they lifted him up and he saw the candy. Well in short Hudson and Avery were unable to finish all their diner and had to have the candy. Amber said that I will have to hide the candy in the car until after dinner. I know a lot has been going on since December but I think that you know the University of Utah beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl and we have enjoyed a few gymnastics meets this year. I had posted a picture of Matt Asiata, Shawn and I. He always looked so big on the field but Shawn and I are even bigger.

2 comments:

Lon said...

I like the copy paste from one blog to another, good work.

Travis said...

I do what I can and Amber makes me.