Thursday, April 5, 2007

Our Courtship

I have had a lot of individuals ask me about Amber and how we met. I would love to email all of you and tell you how everything went down but, I thought that I could get a few more hits on my blog so I am going to do it this way.
Amber and I meet on July 9th at my apartment during Ward Prayer. Ward Prayer has many different names so some of you might know it by its different name. Thanks to Jake T. I have the most common names for Ward Prayer. I have only heard a few of these but you might recognize it as ward stare, pray-n-stay, scope-n-hope, have-a-cookie-and-take-a-lookie. I think that Amber was having a cookie and taking a lookie when I meet her.
I had just moved into the ward so I thought that it would be a great idea to have the whole ward over to meet our apartment. Amber was one of the first people to come over that night. I think that she wanted to take a lookie at the new Asian in the ward. I was able to talk to her for a little bit but, I had to start get the meeting started because it seems that every ward wherever you go Ward Prayer has members stay longer then you expect or the rest of the night. I was in charge of the meeting so I did all of the introductions of my roommates. While I was doing introductions a circle began to form around me and no one was standing next to me. Bishop Jones asked if I was going to do a dance for everyone and I responded without thinking and said, “No but I can be the pole.” No one knew what to do so I just pretended that it didn’t happen.
After that day Amber would come over and get our pool key every day hoping that she would get to see me. We would start to hangout at the pool together and just talk. The day I caught her eye was the 24th of July. I was with all of my roommates and just playing with a Rugby ball in the pool. We also discovered that we have the same birthday day and year. I must have done something right because she gave me her phone number. The thing was that I forgot it right after she told me but the good thing is that we had the ward directory online.
A few weeks later the ward had planned a Temple trip to Logan and I invited her to attend. Lon, Jamiee, Amber and I decided to go up with the ward to Logan. When we arrived at the temple they didn’t have enough Priesthood so Lon and I decided to help out in the Baptistery. We all got dressed and everyone is looking great. We all got baptized and we were waiting to get confirmed and I leaned over to Amber and said “you look really good in white hopefully I can see you again in here.” I said it jokingly but I guess it’s really going to happen.
We would continue to date and hangout for the rest of the summer. I started up school in the fall so I wasn’t able to spend as much time as I wanted to with her. A few weeks before I left for Hawaii we decided to be exclusive. You can read the other blog to see how the rest of the dating went. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Brien said...

Awww. What are you going to do about the other girlfriends now?

Newbold News said...

This story sounds like the singles ward all over again. And I want to hear Amber's side of story, cuz i think yours is bit lopsided.